So my third day of working kicked off with a journey from my office based in Takaful building to BNM headquarters for I have to sign my confidentiality letter in front of a witness from Legal Department. and it so happened that i bumped into KahKit, the bank scholar who has started working years ago. What so special about him is that he is from TELUK INTAN as well.haha. It was indeed surprising that he still recognizes me.
Staff meeting has started half way by the time I got back. While I was still hesitating whether to join the meeting, Kak ?? greeted me with such a welcoming tone, saying:" come Esther, you are already part of us!This indeed made me feel so warm at that moment.
To wrap up the 4 hour long meeting, I have to say that it is truly inspiring and motivating in the sense that although I m just simply an intern and not the official staff, I can actually feel an invisible strong spirit burning within myself. An inexplicable force of positive energy! What's more impressive is the way our director expressing himself and throwing out his idea and opinion.Thought provoking yet interesting! It's indeed a priceless lesson that I have gained from him. I get to learn that to survive in this so-called cruel and realistic working environment, equipping yourself with knowledge isn't enough but what matter the most will be the communication skill particularly how're you going to sell yourself and your product. With an equal level of education qualification, the things that are going to differentiate one another would be how mature is your thinking and subsequently how you put all your thoughts into words to convince others. and this says out exactly my weak point!
Anyway, while I was still complaining to my housemate and cousins yesterday on how relaxing life is as an intern, today's job distribution has totally turned it the other way round. It's scary to know that I got to interview an economist who currently holds the position as a manager in order for me to assess the risks involved in his research plan. That's actually what an internal auditor is responsible at! The lucky part is I pretty much covered some of the knowledges required in one of the subjects taken last year. Yet, to think of it and come out with the questions, it's still a great challenge for me. Imagine, an experienced manager who has encountered so much throughout his working life versus an intern! woooohoooo...
No comments:
Post a Comment