Saturday, June 19, 2010

A letter...


1~To my dearest grandma, it has been 4 months I never see you face to face. I miss the moment driving you to shop for grocery, chatting with you in the car, having dinner with you together in the kitchen and the time watching TV with you though most of the time you will fall asleep half way..And I love watching you from the side..

I m worried whenever that's the time for you to go to the hospital for the appointment..I m worried whether are you aware of what's the doctor talking to you due to ur severe listening problem. I feel guilty and uneasy whenever the scene you sitting and waiting to get ur medicine pops out through my mind!

Dumpling festival has just passed, can you feel the absence of me who likes to talk non-stop while you are concentrating preparing the dumpling? I love to see you smiling so blissfully while chatting with me through skype. I dont like whenever the word: "Go study, dun waste time chatting with me" came out from ur mouth. NOT AT ALL and for this, I wanna tell you that ur gentle voice is the source of my inspiration all this while. Chatting with you is never a waste of time though I know every time you are trying really hard to catch my word. You are indeed my role model! YOu are the best grandma in this world!I love you and I m missing you so terribly now...Please take good care of your health!

2~I have never known that you can be so cute especially when you sent me the hello kitty and mickey mouse wrapping paper. THat's why people always say in the parents' eye, their children can never grow up because they always have the urge of protecting their small little kids.I appreciate your effort of calling me almost every single days even it's just a simple greeting like have you eaten your dinner? I knw ur intention of jus wanna making sure that i'm safe n doing well here.My heartfelt thanks to you my dear mum. It's only now I know how important are you when we are separated miles away. Whenever I pass by any tailor shop here, the familiar scene grabs my attention for it reminds me of you who works 24/7 for the sake of us.

I feel the helplessness at last without you around. There are times when I really wish to express out my problems here to you but i choose not to for I know this will trouble you. You will have sleepless night worrying about me. Even the problem that's haunting me now. Even though we always quarrel over some insignificant matters, i knw deep inside our heart we do care of each other. Or perhaps we have used to such communication style..^^

I miss your home-cook meals, mum. I'm sorry for always complaining about the same type of dishes you cook at home last time. It's so hard to come out with daily menu . I totally understand it now. and it's only now I know how tiring u are by waking up at the crack of dawn everyday just to clean up the house..I feel it after my first ever time of cleaning up the kitchen, toilet here. I feel useless for keeps grumbling to you all sorts of small insignificant problems even though I m ady 20 who suppose to be more independent!I m overprotected perhaps! Thanks for always standing by my side whenever I m in the down slope of my life! You are the greatest mother!

3~When mum told me that you have bought me a thick jacket, I was kinda shocked. You have never shown ur concern in this way for you always keep it in ur heart all this while. This was only done by you when we were still kids. You bought us all sorts of game and ever since that u never do that. Perhaps you think that we have grown up! Even the last time when I performed so badly in my exam, you choose not to ask me the reason but expressed it out to mum.Perhaps you are those kind of traditional man who feels awkward to express out all ur inner feelings.

The jacket does keep me warm in these winter days. It is accompanying me every night into my dreamland. I can feel ur warmth, dad! and i appreciate it deep inside my heart...Happy father's day!

To my only bro, I m glad that you made it through at last! You proved to us that you have the ability!never doubt urself..No one can ever override you for you are my sole brother in this world!

1 comment:

  1. that's your love to your family.... I am touched and I guess I have a lot to learn from you :P

    ReplyDelete