Friday, September 10, 2010

The transition

Finally able to give myself a short break after the hectic week overwhelming with the assignment, test and the club activities...Have never been that tiring before ever since landed in this foreign land.

I shall say lots of changes going on in this Semester2!

First and foremost, taking the part time job as a waitress! It's no doubt that earning some extra pocket money is the key driver for me to take up this. Solving the problems of what to eat everyday is another great bonus as I wouldnt have to crack my heads thinking of my dull daily menu. Yet, there's always opportunity cost involved. Having said that, I will have less time allocate for my study and club activities. I don't know for how long I am able to endure it but one thing for sure is that I will try my best to strike a well balance between job and academic.

The second one goes to my involvement in the club activities. Was having this mind that "ok, just go for the interview and have a try! when I decided to apply as the activity officer of MOMU. Was quite delighted when I knew that I got it! Getting involved in the activities with bunch of friends is always the things that I m looking forward to in uni life for I knw that I wouldnt have such chance anymore once I'm graduated. Just sent in my proposal for the coming year's activities , hopefully everything goes well!

And then one of my friends asking me to join as the committee for MASCA- Malaysian Students' Council of Australia. It can be said that this is the club offering me the most volunteer opportunities ever since settling down here. To list it down, will be the IVG which let me know lots of seniors who I will be working with in days to come, the Accenture talk which indirectly paths me towards Festival Malaysia as the food director which undeniably make me learn a lot.

When handing in the application form to Miss C to have her as my nominator, here's the question addressed by her: are you sure you are able to handle so much things with ur position as a treasurer for Buddhist Society too! To be frank, I said I wouldnt knw for whatever things that might have happened in the future. I admit that I do think of giving up at the last minute for the fear that I wouldnt be able to fulfill all the obligations that I m ought to perform. Bt think again, Never try never know! After all, this is a great platform for me to work with all the intellectual and most important thing is LEARN! I remember what I said in my policy speech: I wouldnt want to limit myself in just the dull academic life but instead exposing myself to all these kind of activities that offer learning opportunity! and that's what driving me to this stage!

From now onwards, this gonna keeps in my mind all the times that for all the burden and responsibility I choose to put on my shoulder, I will take it seriously and fulfill whatever promise I have made. At times I do act really childishly but I do put my effort and heart in making things workable. I knw coming years will be really tough for me specifically in terms of time management but I really hope that I will be able to make it through. Workloads will be terrible especially with all the assignments due at the same time,I hope this wouldnt kill me but train me to be more adaptable and flexible working under the stress environment!

I guess all these well explain how busy am I but at one side I have to say I really enjoy it. I feel that time is occupied much more efficiently with worthwhile things! Im nt wasting my time but optimising it!I get to know more wonderful people! What's more getting the chance to meet the Minister of Tourism, Dr. Ng Yen Yen and of course the upcoming one will be our Deputy Prime MInister! All these might seem insignificantly but I treasure it with appreciation.

Yet, regardless what changes or transitions that I m going through now, one thing for sure is I'm still who I am. Still the YinSHia that you all have ever known. Nothing will ever change this fact. I will still remain the purity of life perspectives that's imprinted deep inside my heart! I'm still the person who like to joke around and get emo very easily when things go against me!haha......

Anyway turn to a more personal topic...Life's inspiration
All these while what keep me moving is no doubt the inspiration and motivation from those I care. Put it seriously, without that, I'm dead!I m truly appreciative that I get all these from you all when I needed them the most:

"Lastly, I want to thank my sister, Esther. Out of all my true friends, you are the one that I had known the least. The truth is, we had never really talked or spent quality time together. Yet, I had a place in your heart. I guess that is what "kinship" means. For any other relationships, both parties need to put in their hearts and soul into it. But for "kinship," it will always be there by default, and it is something that can never be changed.

In the past, I would have taken things for granted. Today, I will never do so. We are both miles apart and only connected by our blogs. But I will definitely find a chance to travel with you. I had this idea when showering. Could I pay a visit back in our hometown and visit KL at the same time?"
It truly touches my heart when I read through it! I guess kinship is what surpasses everything be it the fact that we are both miles apart!Reading your blog always give me the chance to pick up some good values and give me strength.

You are always the model for me to learn!
**in response to ur ques: Of course! once u r bac from Denmark!"DEAL??? :p

1 comment:

  1. well honestly i thought u will mention my geli thg here!!!!XD
    hahahahaha
    all the best my best buddy,
    i am always here keep update ur news!~
    great to know u r all doing fine there~
    well, when grow up really feel there must be some time we feel down~ but we always forget about the happiness we have~
    so~~~~
    enjoy every moment of happiness
    ignore the memories, we are creating memory~~
    lets create all sweet memories starting now, and in the next few years u will find out all u have is sweetest memories!!!cheers~~~
    =]

    ReplyDelete